Monday, April 27, 2009

$100B Is Not What It Used To Be

I was thinking about the movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery tonight. I was stuck on a plot point I had a problem with. Why would Dr. Evil want $100B if he is going to destroy the world anyway? wouldn't it be easier to set up his own monetary system? Magma... Always makes me laugh.

Anyway, it dawned on me that the movie came out just 13 years ago but today, with all President Obama has spent on Stimulus Packages and New Budgets, $100B is not all that much money any more. That might be only 1% of the money that will be spent in the next 10 years of these new programs. We already, have $60T in the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare over the next 50 years. So, maybe Dr. Evil was just a small time crook after all. Magma... Ha ha ha.

-Jeremy

No comments: